PLEASE CHECK IN AT A LATER TIME FOR COURSE SAMPLE MATERIAL.
FMA 5648 . ART CULTURE AND TECHNOLOGY SEMINAR. 4 Credit Hours. Graduate
This course expands the ideas of cinematic arts and alternative media at the civic scale and offers a thorough and highly selective list of readings, screenings, discussions, and site-visits; it also promotes new circuits of artistic and scholarly collaboration.
The class is designed to establish new paradigms for your practice or help them evolve and shift within new discourses.
Topics include but are not limited to: • Worldmaking (Paradigms)
• Interactivity vs. Participatory (Enactive perception/Internet or user-enabled participation/interactivity and video art/social media influenced art/net art/identity de-construction/Interactive fiction/spectatorship/the gaze)
• Materiality vs. Immateriality (Space/Architecture/Light and sound)
• Spacial Problems (Location vs. Environment/urbanism/networked and geolocated media)
• Time (history/memory/non-linear narrative/transmedia documentary)
• Real world story telling vs.Virtual Storytelling (AR/VR/game theory)
• Laws and Constraints (language/ideology/dismantling the everyday/ interpretive and expressive media/adversarial design/politics)
• Performance vs.Performativity
Covered course in: Spring 2020